Last updated: July 22, 2016
How we collect and store information depends on the websites you visit, the activities in which you participate, and the Services you use. Several categories of information are collected from you, as described below.
Vector Watch may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
Information you provide:
We may collect information about you during your use of the Services, including your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile phone number, payment information, device model and serial number, and other information you provide or post on our Services or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
• Connect with the Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social networking service; or
• Post user-generated content.
• Information provided in the mobile apps (email address, biometrics: age, weight, height, gender, feedback)
• any other information that you send to Vector Watch
• Provide registration information and/or create an account;
• Make a purchase;
• Download or use one of our mobile applications;
• Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
• Contact customer support;
• Apply for a job posting;
• Enter contest or register for a promotion;
• Participate in our blogs or online forums;
• Use Vector Watch developer apps or developer blogs;
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Services, such as via our blogs or public forums, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties.
When you use the Services, there is some information that we collect automatically, as discussed in this section.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices and Smartwatches) you use to access the Services. As described further below, we may use third party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
• Website Data. When you use our websites, we may collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information.
• Mobile Device Data. When you access the Services via a mobile device, we may collect information such as geolocation information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers (e.g., a UDID or IDFA on Apple devices like the iPhone, and iPad) and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), such as operating system, version, and time spent in different parts of our mobile app and other apps on your phone.
• Smartwatch Data. When you use a Smartwatch and our mobile apps, we collect certain analytics information about your use of these services (such as features and third-party apps used, log files, buttons pressed, and support requests and results). For example, if you choose to display event information from your calendar or from a third party website (e.g., Facebook or ESPN) to your Smartwatch. We collect and use most of this information solely in anonymous and aggregate form, but maintain log files in identifiable form for a period of time for troubleshooting and other purposes. This information helps us improve our products and services, troubleshoot bugs, and analyze device errors.
• Developer tools. If you use our developer tools on developer.vectorwatch.com, we may also collect information such as the software version number, the tools you use, error logs, project size, type of resources and APIs used, and how often you use them. If you would rather not send us this information through the developer tools, you can visit the developer.vectorwatch.com for information regarding how to opt out.
• Vector Store. When you use the Vector app store, we may collect information such as your user ID, device serial number, search queries, and the watchfaces, streams and apps you downloaded or stored.
When you install our mobile app, you will be asked to grant access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. If you grant such permission, we may collect information about your precise geolocation information (i.e., your real-time geographic location), and may use that information to customize the Services with location-based information and features (for example, to provide you with relevant weather information through your weather app or on your Smartwatch timeline based on your location). If you access the Services through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details. You will be asked to allow and give certain apps from the store this permission. Failure to do so will make the apps to not install or work correctly.
We use the information that we collect in order to:
• Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services;
• Provide you with support and improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
• Personalize the content and marketing that you see on the Services;
• Generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
• Permit you to obtain materials that enable you to develop applications if you use our developer services;
• Send you marketing emails about Vector Watch products, software updates, and third-party products, software, and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
• Send you push notifications about Vector Watch products and third party products and applications that we believe may be of interest to you on your mobile device if you have given us permission to do so;
• Update third party applications that you have downloaded to your Smartwatch;
• Provide you with the services and products you have purchased or requested and send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
• Notify you about new features of the Services, special events, and send you newsletters;
• Administer sweepstakes and contests;
• Help prevent fraud and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services; and
• Administer and troubleshoot the Services.
Where Vector Watch discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or subcontractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, Vector Watch may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Vector Watch will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Vector Watch will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website or in the mobile apps will be protected by encryption technology
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website or Vector store (Watchfaces, Streams, Apps) will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites.
Vector Watch is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.